Running the Cloud Storage Archive Recall Workflow On-Demand
Run the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow on-demand to recall data from the archive cloud storage, for a restore job.
Before You Begin
- Verify the Supported Agents list before configuring the alert. For more information on Supported Agents, see Restoring Data from Archive Cloud Storage Using a Workflow - Support.
- Make sure that the MediaAgent associated with the Cloud Archive Storage libraries have the same Service Pack level as the CommServe server. For more information on viewing the version information, see Viewing the Service Pack Details for One or More Clients.
- Deploy the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow. For more information on deploying the workflow, see Deploying a Workflow.
- Ensure that the workflow is deployed by an user with the necessary permissions needed to deploy and execute a workflow. For more information on user permissions, see User Security Permissions - Workflow.
- If the workflow is already deployed, verify that the latest version of the workflow is deployed. For more information on the workflow version, see Viewing Workflow Version History.
If the workflow is a older version, re-deploy the workflow. For more information on deploying a workflow, see Deploying a Workflow.
- To recall data from Amazon Glacier to S3, make sure that the user associated with the bucket has the
RestoreObjectpermission. For more information on POST Object restore, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTObjectPOSTrestore.html.
- From the CommCell Browser,go to Workflows.
- Right-click the Cloud Storage Archive Recall workflow and then click All Tasks > Execute.
- In the Job Id box, enter job ID of the restore job.
- Optionally, modify the following options for different storage vendors:
Amazon Glacier or S3 Glacier Using Life Cycle Rule
Days to retain data
No. of days to keep the recalled data in Amazon S3 after the recall.
Default is set to 3 days.
The recall mode that must be used to recall data. Default is set to 0, which is Standard mode. Valid values are:
0 - Standard
1 - Expedited
Note: Expedited mode will incur additional costs.
2 - Bulk
For more information on the recall modes, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTObjectPOSTrestore.html.
Note: Deep Archive does not support the Expedited recall mode.
Azure Archive Storage
Move files back after Restore
Select this option to move the recalled data back to archive storage automatically after completed of the restore job.
Clearing this option indicates that the data should not be automatically moved back to archive storage.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/26/2019 5:39:49 PM