Configuring a MongoDB Subclient to Back Up Operation Log (Oplog) Dumps
You can configure a MongoDB subclient to back up the operation log (oplog) dumps by using a schedule policy. For more information about data protection schedule policies, see Creating a Data Protection Schedule Policy.
Before You Begin
You must have appropriate permissions to create a schedule policy. For information on permissions, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature: Schedule Policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Schedule Policies, and then click New Schedule Policy.
The New Schedule Policy dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the schedule policy.
- From the Type list, select Data Protection.
- From the Agent Type list, select Big Data Apps.
- In the Description box, type an appropriate description.
- Click Add.
The Backup Task Options dialog box appears.
- To configure the backup options, complete the following steps:
- On the Backup Options tab, click Incremental.
- Select the Log check box.
- To configure the scheduling options, complete the following steps:
- On the Schedule Pattern tab, in the Schedule Name box, type a name.
- In the Job Interval area, specify the time interval for operation log backups.
- To specify the number of operation log dump files after which you want to take incremental backups, on the Databases tab, select the Number of Archived Logs in Log Destination check box, and then specify the number.
For more information about configuring threshold parameters for automatic schedules, see Creating an Automatic Schedule for Database Log Backups.
- Click OK.
- From the New Schedule Policy dialog box, click the Associations tab, and then expand the client computer to the specific subclient to associate with the schedule policy.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
- Perform an IntelliSnap backup on the MongoDB client before you start an operation log backup operation.
- If you want to disable operation log dump backups, you must add an additional setting. For more information, see Disabling Operation Log Dump Backups.
Last modified: 2/10/2020 6:06:43 AM