Preinstallation Checklist for the Notes Database Agent on Windows
Use this preinstallation checklist to prepare the computer where you will install the Notes Database Agent, and to gather all of the information you will need during the installation.
Verify System Requirements
Verify that the computer where you will install the Notes Database Agent satisfies the minimum requirements. For more information, see System Requirements - Notes Database Agent.
Verify License Requirements
Based on the licensing mechanism used in your CommCell environment, verify that the CommCell has the required licenses to use the Notes Database Agent. For more information, see License Requirements - Notes Database Agent.
Determine the Installation Location
Install the Notes Database Agent on a Domino server that you want to back up. The Notes Database Agent cannot be installed on cluster environments.
Gather Installation Data
Refer to the items in this section to gather the information that you will need during the installation. Record the information before you begin installing the software, so you can refer to it during the installation.
You can install the Notes Database Agent using either the CommCell Console or the installation package created by the Download Manager. Any item that applies to only one of these installation methods is noted.
Commvault Package to Install
Install the Domino Database package, which is under the Applications category.
If the File System Agent is not installed on the computer, the File System Core and File System packages are automatically installed with the package you selected. The File System Agent will not consume a license.
To gather the required information for the File System Agent, refer to "Gather Installation Data" in the Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent.
Client Computer Details
If the File System Agent or another package is already installed on the computer, you are not required to gather all the computer details again. The level of detail depends on how the package you selected is installed, as follows:
- For installations using the CommCell Console, the installation program requests only the name of the client computer.
- For installations using the installation package, the installation program reads the details from the previous installation.
Domino Server Details
This information is only applicable to installations using the CommCell Console.
Collect the following Domino server details:
- Name of the Domino instance
- Path to the directory where the instance resides
- Path to the directory where the Domino software resides
Partitions for Notes Database
This information is only applicable to installations using the installation package.
Collect the following partition details:
- Name of the Domino partition - By default, the naming convention followed is partition_0, partition_1, and so on.
- Name of the Domino data directory - This is the Domino data path. You can get this information from the notes.ini file as shown in the example below:
- Name of the Domino binary directory - This is the Domino binary path. This path is the same for all the partitions. You can get this information from the notes.ini file as shown in the example below:
Last modified: 6/16/2020 8:24:28 AM