Configuring a Subclient for Block-Level Backups of PostgreSQL Databases
By default, block-level backups are performed using the native snap engines.
To perform block-level backups, configure an FSBasedBackupSet subclient.
About This Task
- For Linux LVM snaps, there must be adequate free space in the LVM volume group for snapshot creation. The default COW cache size is 4096 MB which might be insufficient for large volumes. You must set it to 10% of the volume size to avoid snapshot failures. To increase the COW cache size, add the nSnapCowSizeMB additional setting. For instructions on adding the additional setting, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
- For CVBF snaps, the COW files are created in the software_install_path/CVBF/cache directory, by default. Over time, the COW files can grow significantly and fill up the volume. To move the COW files to another volume, add the sCVBFSNAPPART additional setting. For instructions on adding the additional setting, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, check whether you have completed the following tasks:
- Create a storage policy.
- Create a snapshot copy for a storage policy.
- Enable spool copy on the snapshot copy.
- You must have a MediaAgent installed on the PostgreSQL destination client to perform block-level backups.
- To configure the default subclient of PostgreSQL, from the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Client > PostgreSQL > Instance > FSBasedBackupSet.
- Right-click the default subclient and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy list, select an appropriate storage policy.
- To set up your block-level backup, on the Advanced Backup Options tab, select Use Volume Copy.
- Select additional options as appropriate and then click OK.
Note: If you are performing block-level backup by using IntelliSnap, see Configuring a Subclient for PostgreSQL Database Block-Level Backups Using IntelliSnap.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:57:25 PM