Windows File System Archiving
The Commvault file archiving solution for Windows File System enables you to move data to a secondary storage and use it to function as an archive copy.
- Server Message Block (SMB) 1.0 protocol
- SMB 2.x protocol
- SMB 3.xx protocol
What is Archived
Supported File Systems
- Local Volumes
- Local Files and Folders
- Mount points to volumes
- Windows 8, Windows 2012, Windows 2016, and Windows 2019 on ReFS volumes
- Non-deduplicated data that resides on a Windows deduped volume
- Compressed Files
- Microsoft Non-Content Indexed and Content Indexed files
- Data that resides on Cluster Shared Volume File System for Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2 computers.
- New Technology File Systems (NTFS)
Recursive Scan method is used to back up and archive the data on the Cluster Shared Volume File System.
What is Not Archived
The following file objects are automatically filtered out of archive operations by the system:
- Install folder
- Job Results folder
- Index cache folder
- Log files folder
- Windows system32 folder
- UNIX data residing on Windows share
- Files with attributes of encrypted or sparse
- Files with attributes of hidden and system
- Files that are deduped by Microsoft
- Files with certain extended attributes such as Offline, Encryption, and Sparse files.
- The following files are excluded from archiving:
- *.dll, *.bat, *.exe, *.cur, *.ico, *.lnk
Last modified: 12/16/2019 7:50:10 PM