Upgrades - FAQ
This page includes frequently asked questions about the upgrade process.
How can I request an upgrade?
You can request an upgrade by using the Request Upgrade to V11 option on the Cloud Services website. For instructions, see Requesting an Upgrade through the Cloud Services Website.
If you have problems requesting an upgrade, review the following list and find the appropriate resolution for your problem.
- I do not see the option in my dashboard.
When your CommServe computer is eligible for upgrade, the Request Upgrade to V11 option appears in your dashboard. If the option is not available, your CommServe might not be enabled for upgrade yet. Send an email to Maint_Desk@commvault.com to add the Operational Intelligence Foundation Package (OIFP) SKU to your CommServe.
- I do not have a Commvault ID to access the dashboard.
Creating a Commvault ID involves registering your CommServe computer.
- For V10 users, see Registering a CommServe Computer Through the Cloud Services Website.
- For V9 users, see Registering a v9 CommServe Computer Through the CommCell Console.
- I have a Commvault ID but cannot see my dashboard.
Your CommServe computer might not be sending diagnostic data to the cloud. Make sure that the CommCell Diagnostics and Usage check box is enabled on the CommCell Console. For instructions, see Activating Cloud Metrics Reports.
- My CommServe computer is not connected to the Internet.
You can try the alternative methods described in Request an Upgrade.
- I do not want to upload my CommServe database to the cloud.
You can use the Database Upgrade tool to test the CommServe upgrade and detect possible issues during the upgrade process. For instructions, see Testing the CommServe Upgrade Using the Database Upgrade Tool.
If you have any questions about the upgrade process, contact your Account Team Representative or send an email to email@example.com including your CommCell ID. You can find the ID in the License Administration dialog box of the CommCell Console's Control Panel.
Last modified: 1/11/2018 9:15:25 PM