Setting Up the Basic Retention Rule
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy, and then click the Properties.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, on the Retention tab, under Basic Retention Rule for All Backups, click the Retain For.
- Enter number of days to retain the data.
- Enter number of cycles to retain the data.
- Click OK.
- In the Confirm Basic Retention dialog box, click Yes.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, on the Reports tab, click Forecast, and then click Run.
- The Data Retention Forecast and Compliance report displays the data to be pruned when a data aging job is run.
- To ensure only data intended for aging is actually aged, it is important to identify the data that will be aged based on the retention rules you have configured. Hence, ensure this report includes only the data you intend to age.
- If necessary, fine-tune your rules so that only the intended data is aged.
Last modified: 2/6/2018 9:17:35 PM