If you perform a validating restore job, the RMAN will simulate a restore job and verifies whether the backup copies of data and logs required for the restore are intact and usable.
Use the following steps to validate a restore job:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Oracle.
- Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks and then click Browse and Restore.
- Select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- Optional: Use non-default Browse and Restore options. See Browse and Restore.
- From the Browse window, select the data you want to restore in the right pane and click Recover All Selected.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Options tab.
- Select the Validate check box. This validates previously run backups to ensure the integrity of the data for successful restores.
- Click the Copy Precedence tab and select the Restore from Copy Precedence checkbox.
- In the Copy Precedence box, type the copy precedence number for the backup copy.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/28/2018 12:28:49 AM