Getting Started for the SAP HANA IntelliSnap
If you have a Multitenant Database Configuration, then see Getting Started for the SAP HANA Mulitenant Database Containers IntelliSnap.
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the SAP HANA Agent:
Step 2: Install the SAP HANA Agent
To set up your environment for IntelliSnap, you must install the SAP HANA Agent and the MediaAgent.
- Plan the Installation on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the SAP HANA Agent on UNIX
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Configure Your SAP HANA Environment
Note: The following functionality applies to Commvault SP 10 and later. When you perform your first backup, the Commvault software automatically performs the following configuration. For information on how to verify the changes, see Verifying the automatic update of the global.ini file and SAP HANA parameter file?
- Creates a symbolic link that points to a parameter file created by Commvault called param under the SAP /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig/ directory.
- Creates a symbolic link that points to the Commvault backint binary with SAP HANA hdbbackint under the SAP /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt directory.
- Updates the global.ini file with the correct parameters based on your Multitenant Database Container configuration, for example SAP HANA 1.0 or 2.0.
- For SAP HANA 2.0 configurations, updates the SAP HANA catalog_backup_parameter_file and catalog_backup_using_backint parameters in the global.ini file. For more information, see Configuring the SAP HANA 2.0 including the Express Edition global.ini File to Use the backint Interface.
Step 4: Configure Your Environment
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy.
- Create a SAP HANA pseudo client.
- Configure the IntelliSnap subclient.
- Create a Snapshot Copy.
- Configure a Backup Copy.
Step 5: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 6: Where to Go from Here
- Manage Snapshots.
- Plan for rapid recovery of critical data and restoration of business functions in the event of a disaster. Review Full System Recovery: SAP HANA Agent.
- Configure Data Retention and Data Aging for this agent. For more information, see Data Aging.
Last modified: 3/12/2019 7:33:47 PM