Web Console is a web-based application that allows end-users to manage their data. The console is a self-service application that allows you to perform data management operations such as backup, restore, download and so on. In addition, Web Console allows you to run reports, download software packages, and manage virtual machines among other operations.
You can easily access the Web Console from any remote computer that runs one of the following web browsers:
- Apple Safari (versions that are not older than a year)
- Google Chrome (versions that are not older than a year)
- Mozilla Firefox (versions that are not older than a year)
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) version 11
The following sections describe the key features provided by the Web Console:
Note: To perform operations such as browse, preview, or download from the Web Console, the clients and MediaAgents must be of the same software version as CommServe and Web Server components.
Performing Backup and Restore of Your Data
The Web Console allows you to perform the following data management operations:
- You can access your client data from the Web Console and set up your own backups. Backup operations can be monitored, and the backed up data can be later searched, downloaded and restored.
- You can view, search and download your mailbox items.
- You can synchronize your documents, pictures and other files between your computers (e.g., home and work computer) so you have access to your files anytime.
Viewing and Analyzing Web Reports
The Web Console provides access to a number of reports which you can use to monitor different activities occurring in the CommCell.
Downloading Software Packages
The Web Console allows you to download software packages (hosted by the Administrator) from a centralized location in the console.
Managing Virtual Machines
The Web Console provides virtual machines users with the ability to create, manage and recover their own virtual machines.
The Web Console provides access to forms created by the Administrator and to actions sent by the Administrator. Forms appear on the Forms tab and requests appear on the Actions tab.
You can clone your MSSQL databases from Web Console. When you select this option, Web Console launches the Command Center interface where you can create and manage your MSSQL database clones.
Managing Storage Replications
The Web Console allows you to create and manage storage replications.
- You can change your CommCell password and setting up data management alerts.
- You can create user accounts (regular or business type) to access the Web Console.
Command Line Support
You can perform backup, restore and other CommCell operations from the command line interface. For more information, see Command Line.
You can also use Commvault REST APIs to customize the user operations. For more information, see REST API - Overview.
Last modified: 5/28/2019 7:39:53 PM