Configuring Access to the Web Console Through the Commvault Proxy
If you want tenants to use the Web Console, you must configure the Web Console to communicate with the CommServe computer through the proxy. You will need to configure third-party port mappings (TPPM) for incoming connections.
Before You Begin
You must install and configure the Commvault proxy. For instructions, see Setting Up the Commvault Proxy for the Service Provider.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the Web_Server client, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click the Network button.
- In the Network Properties for Client dialog box, select the Configure Firewall Settings check box.
- On the Options subtab, select the Access Web Server via following proxy check box. This option automatically enables the IIS port (dynamic) on the computer hosting the web server for third-party connections.
- Select the Web Console computer from the Remote Proxy list.
- In the Port Number box, specify a port to be used by the Web Console computer to access the Web Server. This is a local port in the Web Console computer that will be mapped to access the Web Server.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Commcell Browser, right-click the name of each computer that uses Third-Party Port Mapping (TPPM), and then click All Tasks > Push Network Configuration. Verify that your configuration was pushed successfully by looking for a push event in the Event Viewer.
- Restart Commvault Tomcat services on the Web Console computer.
What To Do Next
Last modified: 2/13/2019 7:47:38 PM