Changing the Web Console URL for the CommServe
You can update the link to the Web Console from the CommCell Console. The Web Console button is on the Home tab of the CommCell Console ribbon.
Update the link in the following cases:
- The Web Console is installed on multiple computers and the link should not be the computer where the Web Console was installed first.
- Multiple Web Console computers are upgraded to the current release and the link should not be the Web Console computer upgraded first.
The changes are also applied to the URL for the following operations:
- Create or update a share
- Add a new computer
- Invite a user to view a share
- On the CommServe computer, add the WebConsoleURL additional setting with the following values:
Add the Web Console URL in the following format:
- hostname is the hostname of the computer where the Web Console is installed
- port is the port number used by the Web Console
Note: For direct access to the Web Console, continue to use
/webconsole. The value for the WebConsoleURL additional setting is used internally by the software to generate the correct Web Console URL.
For instructions on adding the additional setting from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
- Restart the CommCell Console..
Last modified: 4/30/2019 6:27:57 PM