Getting Started with NAS System Discovery
Applies to: NetApp and Dell EMC VNX / Celerra storage servers
You can use NAS System Discovery to view information about the supported Network Attached Storage (NAS) arrays in your CommCell environment.
Before You Begin
You must have the following products configured in your CommCell environment:
- Web Console: The NAS System Discovery report is viewed from the Analytics section of the Web Console. See Installing the Command Center.
- Workflow Engine: NAS System Discovery is run as a workflow from the CommCell Console. The Workflow Engine is automatically installed with the CommServe software in most deployment scenarios. If you do not see Workflow in your CommCell Browser, you must install the Workflow Engine. See Installing the Workflow Engine.
- Index Server: The Index Server is a logical CommCell entity that uses the Index Store package to perform indexing, search, and analytical operations. NAS System Discovery uses an Index Server to gather the information from your NAS devices and generate the NAS System Discovery report.
NAS System Discovery requires that at least one Index Server is configured in your CommCell environment. To configure an Index Server for NAS System Discovery, perform the following steps:
- If you have already configured an Index Server for a different product, such as Data Analytics, then you can configure the existing Index Server with the NAS Array Reporting role. For more information, see Changing Roles Configured on an Index Server.
- If you do not have an Index Server in your CommCell environment, then you must install Index Store on a client and create a new Index Server with the NAS Array Reporting role. For more information, see Getting Started with Index Store and Index Server.
- In the CommCell Console, add the NAS storage servers that you want to analyze to Array Management.
- For NetApp storage servers, see Configuring the NetApp Array Using Array Management.
- For Dell EMC VNX / Celerra storage servers, see Configuring the Dell EMC VNX / Celerra Array Using Array Management.
What to Do Next
Run the NAS System Discovery workflow. See Running the System Discovery for NAS Workflow.
Last modified: 6/17/2019 7:42:33 PM