Updating Client Properties for Multiple Clients Using the Command Line Interface
You can update client properties for clients in a client computer group.
- Download the update_multiple_clients_template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- Open the XML file and update the parameters as needed.
For information on supported parameters, see XML Parameters for Client Operations.
- Save the changes to the XML file.
- Run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- From software_installation_directory/Base type the following command:
qoperation execute -af xml_path/update_multiple_clients_template.xml
If the XML file is saved in the software_installation_directory/Base directory, the file path (xml_path in the preceding example) does not need to be included on the command line.
The following command sets AES encryption on the clients in the "tier1" client group. In this example, the parameters are listed on the command line:
qoperation execute -af xml_path/update_multiple_clients_template.xml -entity/clientGroupName "tier1" -CipherType "AES" -EnableEncryption true -EncryptKeyLength 256
Last modified: 4/23/2019 4:08:25 PM