Getting Started - Scheduling a Backup
The following procedure describes the steps for creating a schedule for backup jobs using the Windows File System agent as an example.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client > File System > defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Select Backup Types section, select the backup type.
- In the Job Initiation section, select Schedule and then click Configure.
The Schedule Details dialog box appears.
- Select the appropriate scheduling options.
For example, use the following steps to create a weekly schedule:
- In the Schedule Name box, type a name for the schedule.
- Click Weekly.
- In the Start Time box, specify the schedule start time.
- In the On these days section, select the days to run the schedule.
- Click OK.
- When the scheduled backup job runs, you can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console.
- Once the job is complete, right-click the subclient and then click Backup History.
- Click OK to view the job details.
Last modified: 3/6/2018 3:16:57 PM