We are constantly updating and improving our documentation site and would enjoy hearing your feedback and any suggestions you have for us. Please use our Feedback button on any page to tell us how we are doing!
Access the latest revision of our documentation by visiting our documentation website at http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault or through the CommCell Console, as shown below:
The CommCell Console can also be configured to launch a copy of the Documentation from an internal intranet site. This is useful when you do not have open connections to the internet.
Perform the following steps to set up the Documentation from an intranet site:
- Using a computer that has access to the internet, download the Documentation to the shared resource as described in Download Documentation.
- Set up the Documentation website for offline access. See Setting Up the Documentation Website for Offline Access.
- Configure the CommCell Console to access Documentation from the intranet site. See Configuring CommCell Console to Access Offline Documentation for instructions.
To obtain the latest revisions with updated content from the documentation website, see Updating the Documentation Setup with New Content.
- Are a new user of the software:
- See Getting Started to install and run basic operations. In addition to guiding you through the process of installing and using the software, the tutorial also provides information on the associated documentation resources.
- Understand the features supported by each Agent by viewing the Agent's Features page.
- Review comprehensive information on all the additional options available on the Advanced pages.
- Are upgrading from a previous version:
- See Upgrades for comprehensive information on upgrading the software, including important issues, step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting information.
- Are looking for the new features in this release:
- See New Features.
- Need information on a specific dialog box option:
- Click the Help button in the dialog box, to open a context-sensitive help topic.
- Are looking for information about a feature or product:
- See the Index, or type a specific keyword or phrase in the Search box to locate the associated topics.
- Want to understand a term:
- See the Glossary.
- Are looking for features supported by a specific product:
- To obtain a comprehensive list of features supported by a product, see the web page associated with the product. For example, the Active Directory section provides a comprehensive list of features supported by the iDataAgent for Active Directory.
- To obtain a list of products supporting a specific feature, look at the Support Information associated with the feature. For example, to understand the various options provided by Browse, you can read all about it in Browse Data. To see whether a specific Agent supports a specific feature, or to broadly understand the browse features supported by each Agent, see Browse Data - Support.
- Want to provide feedback, click the Submit Feedback button:
- Want to email a link to a page, click the Email this page button:
- Want to translate a page, click the Google Translate button:
- Want to print a page, click the Print button:
- Want to create PDFs of pages in the Documentation site:
CommCell Console Help is displayed when the Help button is clicked in any of the dialog boxes in the CommCell Console. In some cases this Help contains descriptions for options that are not displayed in the dialog box. This is because some of the options are specific to a component, Agent or feature and the Help provides a description of all the options that can be displayed by that dialog box. Thus all the options described in the Help might not be applicable to your environment. Where appropriate, refer to the CommCell Features for comprehensive information on the supported options.
You can use third-party screen readers with the Commvault HTML documentation.