Adding a VMware Hypervisor
Add a VMware hypervisor to support data protection operations for all virtual machines hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
The hypervisor can be a vCenter or a standalone ESX server.
Be prepared to enter a vCenter user account with permissions sufficient to access the vCenter, ESX servers, datastores, and virtual machines, as well as volumes, files, and folders within virtual machines. The account must be able to perform discovery, backup, and restore operations.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click Add hypervisor.
- For Select type, select VMware.
- For Hypervisor name or Client name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter host or account information:
- Hostname / IP address: Provide a fully qualified hostname or IP address for the hypervisor.
- Username and Password: Enter the user credentials to provide administrative access to the hypervisor.
- When adding an additional hypervisor to an existing configuration, select a previously deployed proxy from the Proxy list.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 5/23/2019 1:58:59 PM