Performing a DB2 Full Backup
You can use this procedure to back up the entire database. Backups of online databases also include the log file.
Tip: After you install the DB2 Agent, perform a full back to verify the configuration.
A full backup is the most comprehensive backup and is the baseline for incremental backups.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client> DB2 >instance > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- On the Backup Options for Subclient dialog box, select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or if it will be scheduled.
Note: If you selected Schedule, set up the schedule.
For information about configuring a backup schedule, see Schedule Backups.
- Click OK to close the Backup Options dialog box.
The Job Details dialog box displays the following information:
- The completion time. Use this when you want to perform a point-in-time restore.
- The Log Serial Number (LSN) range. Use this when you want to restore a set of log files.
For information on how to view the job details, see Viewing Details of a Job.
Last modified: 8/24/2018 7:00:17 PM