Creating a DB2 MultiNode Pseudo Client
The DB2 MultiNode pseudo-client and its corresponding instance serve as a logical grouping of DB2 MultiNode database partitions that are housed on various clients. The pseudo-client is not automatically created in the CommCell Console browser by the software. Once the DB2 MultiNode Agent is installed, you must create and configure the DB2 MultiNode pseudo-client.
When you create a DB2 MultiNode pseudo-client, a DB2 MultiNode partition instance is also created at the same time. Each pseudo-client can include only this one partition instance; you cannot create additional instances for any one pseudo-client. To create additional partition instances, you must create additional pseudo-clients.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Applications > DB2 MultiNode.
The Create DB2 MultiNode Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the following details:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new virtual client.
- In the Instance Name box, type the DB2 MultiNode instance name.
- To change the user account for the backup and restore operations, click Change User. Then, enter the user credentials, and then click OK.
- From the Storage Policy list, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- On the Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Home box, type the path to the DB2 application.
- Select the clients to add to the pseudo client. From the Client list, select the client, and then click Add.
In a DB2 DPF configuration, all clients are listed.
In a DB2 pureScale configuration, only member clients are listed.
- On the Storage Device tab, enter storage policy information:
- On the Data Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Default Storage Policy list, select the storage policy for data backups.
- On the Log Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy for Log Backups list, select the storage policy for log backups.
- Optional: On the Command Line Backup tab, from the Storage Policy for Command line Backup list, select the storage policy to use for Commvault command line backup operations.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
Set the DB2 MultiNode configuration parameters. For more information, see Setting the DB2 MultiNode Configuration Parameters.
Last modified: 8/24/2018 1:52:21 PM