Performing a DB2 MultiNode Full Backup
In a DB2 DPF configuration, all nodes must be available for the backup. In a DB2 pureScale configuration, one node must be available for a data backup. For both DB2 DPF and DB2 pureScale configurations, all nodes must be available when you perform a log backup, or data and log backup.
Backups include the following data:
- DB2 database objects
- DB2 history files
- DB2 archive log files
DB2 DPF or DB2 pureScale application files that are associated with the DB2 installation are not included in backups.
Tip: Use the File System Agent to back up the DB2 application files.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client> DB2 MultiNode >instance > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or whether to schedule it.
Note: If you specify to schedule the backup, define the schedule.
For information about scheduling backups, see Schedule Backups.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 8/24/2018 1:52:57 PM