Quick Start Guide - Open the CommCell Console
After installing the software, access your CommCell environment using the CommCell Console, the central management console used to configure the CommCell environment, monitor and control active jobs, and view events related to all activities. This allows for centralized and decentralized organizations to manage all data movement activities through a single interface. For detailed information about the CommCell Console, see CommCell Console - Basic.
- Based on your Windows operating system, open the CommCell Console:
On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 computers
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- From the list of apps, under Commvault, click Commvault CommCell Console.
On computers older than Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs.
- From the list of programs, click Commvault > Commvault CommCell Console.
- In the Connect to CommCell dialog box, enter the CommCell Console administrator account User Name and Password that you created during installation.
- Click OK.
Note: If you have not activated the license yet, you receive a reminder.
- When the CommCell Console opens, note the following:
- CommServe: Appears as the top-level node in the CommCell Browser and as a client under Client Computers
- MediaAgent: Expand Storage Resources > MediaAgents
- Windows File System Agent: Expand Client Computers > your CommServe client
What to Do Next
Now that you have accessed your CommCell environment, use the CommCell Console to configure a storage device for your backup data. See Quick Start Guide - Configure a Storage Device.
Last modified: 2/9/2018 5:14:54 PM