Configuring a Database Administrator Group
Applies to: DB2, Oracle
A CommCell administrator provides users with the required permissions. These requirements vary, depending on the tasks each user performs. A CommCell administrator also controls the CommCell objects that a user can view by assigning the user to a group.
A database administrator user must have the permissions to perform backups and restores. For information on user group administration, see User Group Overview.
Before You Begin
- Configure a CommCell User for each database administrator.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Security.
- Right-click the CommCell User Groups and select New User Group.
The New User Group Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab:
- In the Name box, enter the name of the new user account.
- In the Description box, enter a description of the group.
- Leave the other check boxes as the defaults.
- On the Members tab, from the Available Members list, select the users that you created and move them to the Associated Members list.
- On the Associations tab, click Add to create a security association with the following:
- Entities: The client computers to associate to this user group
- Role: Must include the Agent Management, Data Protection/Management Operations, In Place Recover, and Out of Place Recover permissions
For instructions, see Administering the Security Associations of a User Group.
- Click OK to close the New User Group Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 3/23/2018 7:21:45 PM