Full System Recovery: Oracle Agent
A full system recovery of an Oracle client involves the following phases:
Planning for a Full System Recovery
Before you begin a disaster recovery, make sure to have the following:
- Perform a backup of the file system.
- Perform a full online or offline Oracle Database backup.
- Make sure that the recovery catalog is available on a separate computer.
- Make sure to select Resync Catalog in Subclient Properties (Backup Arguments) tab of the default subclient. This is required for successfully performing a full system restore in the event of a destroyed or damaged client.
Recovering the Database
To recover the Oracle database in the event of a disaster, perform the following tasks:
- Rebuilding the Operating System.
- Restoring the Oracle Database to the same or different client computer.
Last modified: 7/25/2018 8:00:42 PM