Restoring Oracle RAC Databases to the Same Host
By default, the database is restored to the same location from where it was backed up. Once the database is restored, it is recovered to the current time.
Use the following steps to restore and recover a database to the same host:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <RAC Client>
- Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks and then click Browse and Restore.
- Select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- Select all the databases and click Recover All Selected.
- On the Restore Options dialog box, navigate to the General tab.
- Verify that the Restore Data and Recover check boxes are selected.
- Select the Restore Control File check box.
- On the Restore Options dialog box, navigate to the Stream tab.
- In the Streams column, specify the number of streams for each RAC instance.
- Click Advanced.
- On the Advanced Restore Options dialog box, on the Options tab.
- Select the Switch Database Mode for Restore check box.
- Select the Set DBID check box.
- On the Advanced Restore Options dialog box, navigate to the Ctrl &SP Files tab, in the Restore Control File section, select the Restore From check box.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Restore Options dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Restore Options dialog box.
Last modified: 2/27/2018 12:27:57 AM