Creating a User-Defined Subclient to Backup Specific Databases
If you want to back up groups of specific databases, you can do so by creating a user-defined subclient containing any number of databases that exist within the instance. This is useful if you want to back up a subset of databases at certain times or with a particular frequency.
If you want to divide your backups into smaller groups, you can do so by creating user-defined subclients using the following steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Sybase iDataAgent.
- Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
- In the Subclient Name box, type the subclient name.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Configure.
- Click Discover to discover the Sybase databases.
- Click the Subclient Name column adjacent to the existing databases, and then select the desired subclient from the drop-down list.
Repeat this step to assign the available databases to the user-defined subclient.
- Click OK.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
- In the Storage Policy box, select the storage policy.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/28/2018 12:29:12 PM