Restoring the Sybase Server
When the Sybase server is corrupted or lost, you can restore and recover it from the latest full backup.
Before You Begin
- Place the Sybase ASE dataserver offline.
- Add the following configuration parameters to the Sybase server configuration file.
- Set "enable xact coordination=0".
- Set “net password encryption reqd = 0” to disable the encryption, .
- Set the "Number of devices" to the number of devices that the software needs to create during the restore.
- Set "auditing" to 0
- Set “enable job scheduler = 0".
- Set the "max memory parameter to the source server required value. If the source server does not startup because of memory issues, you need to adjust the value. For more information, go to the Sybase website, How much memory to configure.
- Create the RUN_<SERVER-NAME> file if it does not exist on the server in the $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install directory. Set the master device path to the same as the source when you restore to the source, or the value that you enter in the CommCell Console for a new destination. For information on how to create the file, go to the Sybase website, The runserver file.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Sybase.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click Restore Sybase Server.
The Sybase Restore dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, select the Sybase Create Devices check box.
- Click OK to start the restore.
Last modified: 5/28/2018 1:05:24 PM