Configuring Data Sources for All Reports on Web Console
You can configure remote CommServe computers and third-party databases as data sources for reports using the Web Console. Configure a data source for all reports, or for a single report.
Before You Begin
- To add a data source, your CommCell user account requires a role with the Add Datasource permission and an association with the CommCell entity. The Delete Datasource, Edit Datasource, and Query Datasource permissions are automatically assigned when you add a data source.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
About This Task
- If the Private Metrics Reporting Server cannot connect to the CommServe computer, or if you have a firewall between the remote CommServe computer and the Private Metrics Reporting Server, then you must establish a connection using the CommCell Console. For instructions, see Configuring CommServes as Data Sources on CommCell Console.
Add other CommServe databases or other types of databases to the data sources list to view data from those sources in your reports.
- Log into the Web Console.
- Click Reports.
If a Private Metrics Reporting Server is installed, the Worldwide Dashboard appears.
- From the navigation pane, click Configuration > Data Sources.
- Click Add New Data Source.
- To add another CommServe database, select Add Remote CommCell.
- In the CommCell Host Name box, type the name of the CommServe computer.
- In the Username and Password boxes, enter your login credentials for the CommServe Computer on the CommServe computer.
Your user account must be a member of the Master group in the CommServe computer that hosts the Web Console.
- To add another type of database, select Add Remote Database.
- In the Database Type list, select the type of database that you want to add.
- In the Data Source Name box, type the name that you want to be displayed in the Select Data Sources list.
- In the Host box, type the name of the computer where the database resides.
- The default port number is automatically entered in the Port box.
- If you do not use the default port number, in the Port box, type the correct port number.
- Configure the database name.
- For Oracle databases, in the Database Name box, type the TNS name for the database that you want to add.
- For other types of databases and instances, in the Database Name or Instance Name box, type the name of the database or instance that you want to add.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type your login credentials for the database or instance that you want to add.
- Click Save.
The data source is added to the list.
Supported Database Types
Last modified: 12/15/2017 1:04:42 PM