Check Readiness Report Overview
You can use the Check Readiness report to verify that the client and MediaAgent are connected to the CommServe computer and that the database agents are properly configured to run backup and restore jobs.
The readiness report indicates the connectivity state for a client and MediaAgent. It can be run against the following clients:
- File System
- SAP Oracle
The readiness report can also indicate the connectivity state for these pseudo clients:
- Oracle RAC
- Cloud Apps:
- Amazon S3
- Amazon S5
- Azure Proxy
- Microsoft One Drive
- Distributed Apps
Note: When you run the report for a client that has the Oracle Agent, you must enable the operating system authentication on the client for all the Oracle database instances so that the database status will not show UNKNOWN. If the operating system authentication is not enabled, go to the ORACLE_HOME\NETWORK\ADMIN directory and add the following line to the sqlnet.ora file.
set SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
If you run the report for a client that has a database agent, you can configure the software to run only the client check. For more information, see Enabling or Disabling the Database Readiness Check.
A file system client and MediaAgent client are ready when they are connected to the CommServe computer.
A database client and MediaAgent are ready when they are connected to the CommServe computer and available for backup and restore jobs and meet the following configuration criteria:
The following network communication checks are performed:
- Client to CommServe
- CommServe to Client
- Client to MediaAgent
- MediaAgent to Client
- Client to Deduplication Database MediaAgent, if client-side deduplication is enabled.
- Deduplication Database MediaAgent to Client, if client-side deduplication is enabled.
- MediaAgent to Deduplication Database MediaAgent
- Deduplication Database MediaAgent to MediaAgent
The following resource checks are performed:
- MediaAgent status, whether online or offline
- Library, mount path status, whether online or offline
- Library Controller status, whether online or offline
- Drive pool, Master pool, Standalone media status
- Mount path space check, or watermark space check
- Backup space size check
- NDMP filer resource check for NAS Subclients
- Deduplication database store status
Last modified: 5/14/2018 3:56:59 PM