Testing Network Performance Between Two Clients
Use this mode to test available bandwidth between two client computers, or a client and a server (for example, a Web Server). In this test, one host is designated as the server and the other as the client.
Before You Begin
- Download the CvNetworkTestTool GUI workflow from the Commvault Store. For instructions, see Download Workflows from Commvault Store.
- If the two hosts are separated from each other by a firewall, make sure the needed server port is open on that firewall (25000 is the default).
- From the CommCell Browser, click Workflows, and then right-click CvNetworkTestTool GUI > All Tasks > Execute.
The CvNetworkTestTool GUI dialog box appears.
- From the Mode of execution list, select Host to Host and click OK.
- In the Enter the test inputs dialog box, select the server host from Host 1 and the client host from Host 2.
- Optional: Type or select values for the other available options in the dialog box as needed. The options are described in Verifying Network Connectivity in Client Mode.
- Start the test by clicking OK.
- When the test has completed, retrieve the results from your email Inbox. The associated log files are attached to the email for reference.
Note: The network throughput results are shown in MB/sec (megabytes per second).
Last modified: 1/2/2018 8:32:33 PM