Testing Network Performance Between MediaAgents in a Storage Policy
Use this mode to test available bandwidth between the MediaAgents associated to a storage policy. If you prefer, you can limit the testing to a single copy of the storage policy.
Note: The default values are used for the test options that you can individually set in Host-to-Host mode.
Before You Begin
- Download the CvNetworkTestTool GUI workflow from the Commvault Store. For instructions, see Download Workflows from Commvault Store.
- If the MediaAgents are separated from each other by one or more firewalls, make sure the needed server port is open on those firewalls (port 25000 is the default).
- From the CommCell Browser, click Workflows, and then right-click CvNetworkTestTool GUI > All Tasks > Execute.
The CvNetworkTestTool GUI dialog box appears.
- From the Mode of execution list, select MediaAgents in a Storage Policy and click OK.
- In the Enter Storage Policy dialog box, select the storage policy name and click Next.
- In the Enter Copy dialog box, select a storage policy copy to limit the test to the MediaAgents that are associated with the copy, and then click Finish.
The test sends 25,000 blocks of 16 KB each.
- When the test has completed, retrieve the results from your email Inbox. Open the attached CSV file in an appropriate application, such as a spreadsheet, to see the results.
Note: The network throughput results are shown in MB/sec (megabytes per second).
Last modified: 1/2/2018 8:32:34 PM