Adding an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Hypervisor
Add an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure hypervisor to support data protection operations for all instances hosted or managed by an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure region.
If the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure deployment includes multiple regions, create a separate hypervisor for each region.
Before You Begin
You will need the following information to add a hypervisor:
- Install the Virtual Server Agent (VSA) on at least one Oracle Cloud Infrastructure instance. You can install the VSA on other machines to create additional VSA proxies. At least one VSA proxy is needed.
- Identify the Oracle Cloud Identifier (OCID) for the tenant and for the admin user for the hypervisor.
- Add required permissions for the OCID tenant and user.
- Obtain the private key, password, and fingerprint for the private key, and copy the private key to the base_folder\certificates\external\ folder on the VSA proxy instance.
For more information, see the following pages in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure documentation:
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Virtualization.
The Hypervisors tab appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click Add hypervisor.
The Add hypervisor page appears.
- For Select type, select Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- For Hypervisor name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- For Tenancy ocid, enter the OCID for the tenant.
- For User ocid, enter the OCID for the admin user for the hypervisor.
- For Finger print, enter the fingerprint for the private key.
- For Private key filename, enter the file name for the private key.
- For Private keys password, enter the password for the private key.
This is the passphrase that was used to encrypt the private key.
- For Home region name, select the home region for the tenant.
- From the Proxy list, select a previously deployed proxy that is an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure instance.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 5/17/2019 7:26:07 PM