Live Sync Options for Subclient (Azure Stack)
The Live Sync configuration wizard includes configuration values on multiple pages.
- Virtualization Client: Select the virtualization client for the Azure Stack subscription that is the destination for the Live Sync operation.
- Subscription Details: Displays the subscription ID for the virtualization client.
- Proxy Client: Select the VSA proxy to be used for the Live Sync operation.
- Add VMs: Click to browse for backed up virtual machines that can be replicated.
- Remove VMs: Click to remove selected VMs from the replication schedule.
- VM and Disk: This column displays the list of all the virtual machines and disks selected for replication (the source). Expand each virtual machine to view the disks in that virtual machine.
- Change VM display name to (Destination VM): This column displays the existing name of each destination virtual machine. To change the name of any virtual machine, click in the corresponding row and enter the new name. If the VM display name of the source VM is retained for the replicated VM, select a different destination from the Virtualization Client list on the Destination page.
If the destination VM name matches the name of an existing virtual machine in the target location, the destination VM is not replaced unless a) it was created in a previous Live Sync operation, or b) you use the Unconditionally overwrite VM with the same name option.
- Resource Group: Select the resource group in which the replicated virtual machine should be created.
- Storage Account: Select the storage account to be used for all selected virtual machines and their disks.
You can specify any storage account within the selected region.
- Settings: To modify settings for one or more destination VMs, select the VMs and then click Configure.
The Azure Virtual Machine Configuration dialog box appears. You can provide the following information:
- Destination VM: Displays the name of the destination VM.
- Resource Group: Displays the resource group that was selected for the virtual machines.
- Storage Account: Select the storage account to be used for all selected virtual machines or disk.
- VM size: Select a VM size from the list. The VM sizes in the list are those that are available for the resource group you selected.
- Azure Virtual Network Options:
- Create Public IP: Select to create a public IP.
- Network Interface: Select one of the available network interfaces for the resource group from the list. If no VNet is selected, then the first VNet in the list and the first (default) subnet that it expands to will be attached to the synced VM.
Note: Static IP addresses from a source VM are not replicated to the destination VM.
- Network Security Group: Select a security group for the destination VMs.
- Unconditionally overwrite VM with the same name: Replace an existing virtual machine with the same name in the target location. If the destination VM is currently powered on, the Live Sync fails, regardless of the setting for this option.
- Distribute VM workload: To submit separate jobs for a Live Sync schedule, select this option and select the number of VMs per job. When this option is used, jobs are submitted sequentially, with each job beginning after the previous job has completed.
Schedule: To configure a schedule, select this option and click Configure.
Provides a summary of all the values specified for the Live Sync operation.
Last modified: 8/9/2018 6:28:03 PM