Getting Started with Oracle PaaS
Step 1: Review Requirements
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements and capabilities of the Virtual Server Agent for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure:
Step 2: Install the Virtual Server Agent
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Prepare the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Virtual Server Agent
Review agent-specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Install the MediaAgent
Install the MediaAgent package on a Windows computer. For more information, see MediaAgent Installations
Step 3: Complete the Oracle Configuration
- Configure an Oracle compartment and note the credentials.
- Create a database system and a database instance.
Step 4: Configure the Commvault Environment
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- Configure a Storage Policy. For more information, see Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- Configure the MediaAgent client to be an index server cloud. For more information, see Getting Started with Index Server Cloud.
Note: You must assign the Cloud PaaS Index role to the server. For more information see Changing Roles Configured on an Index Server Cloud.
- Configure a pseudo-client for the Oracle PaaS account. For more information, see Creating an Oracle PaaS Pseudo-Client.
- Associate the index server cloud computer with the Oracle PaaS database instance. For more information, see Configuring the Oracle PaaS Database Instance.
- Optional: Decide whether to add the following functionality:
- To be notified of events that require attention, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- To report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations, see Reports Overview.
- To manage security, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.
Last modified: 12/11/2019 8:50:28 PM