Getting Started for SAP HANA Scale Out for Multitenant Database Containers
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the SAP HANA Agent:
- System Requirements
- License Requirements
- Review the IntelliSnap Multitenant Database Container configurations. For more information, see Supported Configurations.
Step 2: Install the SAP HANA Agent
To set up your environment, you must install the SAP HANA Agent and the MediaAgent.
- Plan the Installation on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the SAP HANA Agent on UNIX
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
- After you complete the installation, review and make any necessary changes to the client UNIX groups and permissions.
- Review the required permissions. For more information, see Database Group and Folder Permissions for UNIX Configurations.
- Change permissions as needed. For more information, see Changing UNIX Groups and Permissions on UNIX Clients.
Step 3: Configure Your SAP HANA Environment
Step 4: Configure Your Environment
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy.
- Configure a SAP HANA scale out pseudo-client. For more information, see Creating a SAP HANA Scale Out Pseudo-Client.
- Configure IntelliSnap on the pseudo-client. For more information, see Configuring a SAP HANA Scale Out Pseudo-Client for IntelliSnap.
- Discover the tenant databases.
- Create an IntelliSnap subclient for the tenant database. For more information, see Configuring a SAP HANA MDC Scale-Out Tenant Database IntelliSnap Subclient.
- Create a Snapshot Copy.
- Configure a Backup Copy.
Step 5: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Last modified: 9/17/2018 6:15:29 PM