Disabling an Archiving Job for the Exchange Mailbox Agent User Mailbox Subclient
This procedure describes the steps for temporarily disabling a User Mailbox.
You can disable a particular mailbox or multiple mailboxes.
- Disabled Mailboxes do not consume a license.
- Once the User Mailbox is disabled, you cannot run any archiving or cleanup jobs.
- You can run browse and restore operations on disabled mailboxes.
- If you do not want the license to be consumed for departed users that can belong to an AD group or database, you can create a departed user group and disable the archiving job for them. Each mailbox will be updated with the Disabled status. Any additional mailboxes that are discovered during the 24 hour cycle, will be added to that group and they will assume the Disabled status as well.
Before You Begin
Create the Exchange policies.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > agent > User Mailbox.
- At the bottom portion of the right pane, select the Mailboxes tab or the Auto Discover Association tab.
- Right-click the appropriate mailbox or mailboxes and then click Disable Archiving.
On the Mailbox tab or the Auto Discover Association tab, the status of the mailbox changes to Disabled.
You can click on Enable archiving to add back a mailbox or mailboxes to the archiving job.
Last modified: 5/7/2019 6:23:47 PM