Configuring a Proxy Network Topology for RDS Database Protection
Applies to: Alibaba RDS, Azure Database, Google Cloud Database
Create a proxy network topology so that the proxy server can communicate with the cloud.
This topology uses the following client groups:
- The client group that contains the CommServe computer and the MediaAgent.
- The group that contains the proxy server.
- The group that contains the database clients
- Create a network gateway topology for the clients groups with the following parameters:
- Topology Type: Via Proxy
- Trusted Client Group 1 (Clients): The client group that contains the CommServe computer and the MediaAgent.
- Trusted Client Group 2 (Infrastructure): The client group that contains all the database clients.
- Proxy/DMZ Group: The client group that contains the network gateway server.
For more information, see Setting Up Network Gateway Connections Using a Predefined Network Topology.
Note: The only package that you need to install on the network gateway server is the File System core package.
- Configure the network gateway server client to use port 443.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the proxy server client, and then click Properties.
- The Client Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Network.
- The Network Properties for Client dialog box appears.
- On the Network Route Configuration tab, on the Incoming Ports sub tab, select the Override default tunnel port check box, and then type 443.
- On the Options tab, select the This computer is in DMZ and will work as proxy check box.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
After you create the network topology, configure the remote cache for the proxy server with the following properties.
For more information, see Setting Up a Remote Cache on a Client Computer.
Configure Remote Software Cache dialog box, Computer
The proxy server.
Associate Client/Client Group to Remote Software Cache dialog box, Available Clients/Client Groups box
The client group that contains the CommServe computer, and the MediaAgent and the client group that contains the database clients.
Last modified: 9/4/2019 9:29:59 AM