Backing Up Data from a Standby Server for MySQL
You can back up the data from a standby server using the MySQL IntelliSnap backup operation.
You can perform the backup operation only on Linux servers.
Before You Begin
- The MySQL Agent must be installed on the master server and the standby server.
For more information, see Getting Started with MySQL Agent.
- You must have a MySQL instance and a subclient in the master server and the standby server.
- Enable --log-slave-updates parameter on the standby server.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client > MySQL > instance.
- Right-click the standby subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select Full as the backup type.
- In the Job Initiation section, choose whether to run the backup job immediately or to schedule it.
- Click OK.
Note: If a replication operation is running during a backup operation, the replication operation is stopped before the snapshot is created. It is then started again automatically after the snapshot operation completes.
Last modified: 9/13/2019 5:50:19 AM