Configuration for Live Sync I/O
Live Sync I/O requires configuration for the source and destination sites.
To configure Live Sync I/O, perform the following tasks:
- Deploy VSA proxies at the source and destination sites.
- Configure VMware virtualization clients for the source and destination sites.
- Install VAIO filters at the source and destination sites.
- Configure a Recovery Point Store (RP Store) on the destination site.
An RP Store is required to support granular recovery.
- Configure replication pairs.
Note: If VM-centric operations using Indexing Version 2 are enabled for a virtualization client, and a VM that is configured for Live Sync I/O has been backed up previously with retention settings that specify aging after a single backup cycle, then the previous backup ages when the VM is included in Live Sync I/O operations, and the older backup is no longer available for restores.
Last modified: 12/11/2018 11:02:10 PM