Configuring the Bootable USB drive
To download the backup image of the Commvault Remote Office Appliance RO1100 from the cloud storage location, you must configure the bootable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to a computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type the following command:
- In the new command line window type the following command:
diskpart> list disk
Note down the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive.
select disk <X>, and then click Enter.
Xis the drive letter of the USB flash drive.
cleanto delete all the data from the USB drive and click Enter.
create partition pri size=31000to create a new primary partition on the USB drive, and then click Enter.
select part 1to select the newly created partition, and then click Enter.
fs=fat32 quickto format the partition, and then click Enter.
active, and then click Enter.
exit, and then click Enter.
- Open a Web browser, and then go to https://cloud.commvault.com.
- Click Member Login.
- In the Cloud Services window, enter the user name and password, and then click Login.
- Download the latest version of RO1100Appliance_SP<XX> zipped folder on to the local computer.
Where <XX> is the service pack number. For example RO1100Appliance_SP13.zip
- Extract the contents of the zipped file and copy the contents to the bootable USB drive.
Note: Copy only the extracted files. Do not copy the folder.
The contents of the USB drive should be similar to the following:
- Use the bootable USB drive to start the computer.
What to Do Next
After configuring the bootable USB drive, reimage the Commvault Remote Office Appliance RO1100. For more information, see Re-Imaging the Commvault Remote Office Appliance RO1100.
Last modified: 1/11/2019 8:38:52 PM