Managing OpenVMS File System Backup Sets
When you create a new file system client, a default backup set is created automatically, which manages backup and restore operations for the client.
You can create additional backup sets to provide a separate administration point for a specific group of subclients.
- You can add a backup set from the server details page or the agent details page.
- Server details: From the navigation pane, click Servers > server, in the Actions column for the agent, click the action button , and then click Add backup set.
- Agent details: From the navigation pane, click Servers > server > agent. Then, in the upper-right of the page, click Add backup set.
The Create New Backup Set dialog box appears.
- In the Backup Set Name box, type the backup set name.
- From the Plan list, select the plan that the software uses to protect the data.
- To make the backup set the default, select the Make this the default backupset check box.
- Click OK.
The software creates the backup set.
What to Do Next
Create subclients for the data that you want to protect.
Last modified: 1/25/2019 6:20:28 AM