Registering an Offline CommServe Computer on the Cloud Services Portal
If you have a CommServe computer that cannot connect to the Internet, then you can register the CommServe computer on the Cloud Services Portal.
During this process, you will create a cloud user account and associate the CommServe computer with the new cloud user account.
About This Task
- You can register only v10 or v11 CommServe computers through the Cloud Services website using this method. You cannot register v9 CommServe computers through the Cloud Services website.
- Registration is mandatory even if you already have an account with the Maintenance Advantage Web site.
- The Cloud Services and the Maintenance Advantage Web sites have separate registrations.
Warning: Do not register a Disaster Recovery (DR) CommServe computer with the Cloud Services website. Because the DR CommServe computer shares a CommCell ID with the production CommServe computer, the Cloud Services website perceives the second CommServe registration as a duplicate and the registration fails.
- Go to Cloud Services.
- Click Register.
- Complete the registration form by entering your information in the correct boxes.
- Under CommCell Product Info, enter the identifying information for the CommServe computer:
- CommCell ID (in HEX)
- CommCell IP
- Registration Code
- Serial Number
To find any of this information, see Viewing and Copying CommCell Product Information.
- Under Please solve the following Math problem, enter the appropriate number, and then click Register.
Your CommServe computer is registered, and a confirmation email is sent with your Commvault ID details. If you do not receive a confirmation email within a reasonable period, send an email, including the CommServe ID for the CommServe computer that you are trying to register, to CloudServices@commvault.com.
Last modified: 8/2/2019 6:32:57 PM