MediaAgent Hardware Refresh - Prerequisites
- Get the right hardware for the MediaAgent.
- If the MediaAgent hosts the Deduplication Database, then make sure that the hardware for the new MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Deduplication System Requirements.
- Ensure that the hardware for the new MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Index Cache - Prerequisites.
- If libraries are configured on the MediaAgent, make sure that the hardware for new the MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the MediaAgent System Requirements.
- Install the Operating System on the new computer. For supported operating systems, see System Requirements - MediaAgent.
If you want to use the same computer name and IP settings, follow the steps described in Reinstalling the Operating System on a MediaAgent.
- Make sure that you have the latest Commvault software accessible from the new MediaAgent. For instructions, see:
- Downloading Software for Windows Computers Using the Download Manager
- Downloading Software for UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers Using the Download Manager
The service pack files are also included during the download of the Commvault software.
- Make sure that you have an additional MediaAgent license.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Tools tab, and then click License Administration.
- License Administration dialog box appears.
- Click the License Details tab.
- The number of license used for a MediaAgent is displayed in the Permanent Used column.
- Click OK.
If you do not have an additional MediaAgent license, then contact your Account Representative to obtain an appropriate license depending on the MediaAgent type (Windows/Linux).
Last modified: 1/12/2018 8:50:52 AM