Troubleshooting Installation Errors
Battery Hardware Missing or Malfunctioning
The following error message is displayed when the appliance is plugged-in:
The battery hardware is missing or malfuntioning, or the battery is unplugged, or the battery could be fully discharged. If you continue to boot the system, the battery-backed cache will not function. If battery is connected and has been allowed to charge for 30 minutes and this message continues to appear, then contact technical support for assistance.
Press 'D' to disable this warning (if your controller does not have a battery).
You can ignore this message and continue by pressing D to disable the message and continue.
Disk Configuration Error During MediaAgent Installation on Commvault Remote Office Appliance RO1100
- Navigate to the software_installation_path\Log Files folder and review the CvVDSConfig.log file.
- Look for errors similar to the following:
9244 14ac 04/25 14:43:24 ### Waiting for CommCell ID to be updated in the reg key...
9244 14ac 04/25 14:43:27 ### Waiting for CommCell ID to be updated in the reg key...
- Using CVPing or any other network utility, check the network connections between the CommServe and the MediaAgent from both sides.
- If the network connection is not working, configure the one-way firewall rule between CommServe to the MediaAgent.
For more information on configuring the firewall, see Setting up Connections on the CommServe Computer for One-Way Direct Connection.
- Resume the installation by double-clicking SapphireApplication.exe available in C:\ApplianceInstall\Sapphire.
Disk Configuration Errors During CommServe and MediaAgent Installation on Commvault Remote Office Appliance RO1100
- Check the Raid Manager Services and ensure that the Raid Manager services are running from Computer Management > Services > Server > RAID Manager.
- Retry the installation by double-clicking SapphireApplication.exe available in C:\ApplianceInstall\Sapphire.
- If the installation fails again, contact Commvault Customer Support.
Last modified: 6/12/2019 7:39:17 PM