Add/Edit Rule for Azure Stack
You can define rules to automatically select instances for backup. Use this dialog box to define or edit rules for automatic instance selection. You can define a single rule or a group of rules.
You can use the following options for each rule:
Select this option to select objects such as hosts or storage. Click to browse the inventory and select the required object.
Click this button to add more rules to the rule group
Click this button to delete a rule from the rule group.
Use the following operators when defining rules:
- Equals - Select this operator to include instances.
- Does Not Equal - Select this operator to exclude instances. You can use this operator only when you are defining more than one rule.
When you are defining multiple rules, you can choose how to combine the rules:
- Match <all> of the following rules
This option is selected by default when you are defining multiple rules. By default, the AND condition is applied to all rules in the Rule Group.
- Match <any> of the following rules
Select this option to apply the OR condition to all rules in the Rule Group.
You can select the following types of objects to define rules:
Enter the display name of the virtual machine or a pattern using wildcards (for example, Test* to identify virtual machines for which the virtual machine name begins with "Test"). You can also click ... to browse for a virtual machine.
Enter a name pattern or browse to select a resource group.
Select the power on status of virtual machines to be included in the subclient content. You can select one of the following options:
- Running - to identify virtual machines that are powered on.
- Stopped - to identify virtual machines that are powered off.
Only the local region is supported.
Browse to select a storage account.
Last modified: 5/6/2019 9:15:04 PM