Local Installation Using the Installation Package on UNIX Client
You can configure connectivity from the client to the CommServe computer through a port-forwarding gateway during a local installation of the Commvault software on a UNIX client using the CommCell Console.
- On the Network Configuration page of the installation wizard, select Yes and click Next.
The This machine can open connection to CommServe on tunnel port option is selected. Click Next to continue.
- On the CommServe Client Name page, specify the name of the CommServe computer and click Next.
- On the CommServe Host Name page, specify the fully qualified domain name of the port-forwarding gateway (for example, gateway.gatewayservices.com) and click Next.
- On the Port to Open Tunnel to CommServe page, in the CommServe HTTP/HTTPS tunnel port number option, specify the incoming port number on which the CommServe computer will receive tunnel connections, and then click Next.
- On the Deciding If to Configure HTTP Network Gateway page, if the client is separated from the CommServe computer by an HTTP network gateway, select Yes, and then click Next. Otherwise, select No and continue with the client installation.
After you accept to configure HTTP network gateway, on the Setting HTTP Network Gateway Configuration page, complete the following steps:
- In the HTTP Network Gateway Host Name or IP address option, specify the host name or IP address of the HTTP network gateway.
- In the HTTP Network Gateway Port Number option, specify the port number of the HTTP network gateway.
- Click Next.
- Continue with the client installation.
Last modified: 8/20/2019 9:00:07 PM