Configuring Multiple Streams for Synthetic Full Backups
By default, synthetic full backups use single streams to transfer data. However, you can change the default behavior and configure multiple streams for synthetic full backups.
You can also create a schedule policy for synthetic full backups with multiple streams. For more information, see Creating a Schedule Policy for Synthetic Full Backups with Multiple Streams.
Note: Configuring multiple streams for synthetic full backups is currently supported on File System and Virtual Server Agent with Indexing Version 2. For clients that are newly created, you must first perform a backup to establish the Indexing Version 2, and only then you can configure multiple streams for synthetic full backups. For more information on Indexing Version 2, see Indexing Version 2: Overview.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > File System > BackupSet.
- Right click subclient > Backup.
- In the Backup Options window, under Select Backup Type, select Synthetic Full.
- Click Advanced.
- On the Data tab, select the Use Multiple Streams check box.
- If you want to define the number of streams, select the Number of Streams option and then enter the number.
- Select the Allow Maximum option if you want to use the maximum number of streams, which is equal to the total number of streams used by subclients in the last cycle.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Backup Options dialog box.
- Click OK to start the Synthetic Full backup.
Last modified: 12/11/2018 3:49:17 PM