Enabling Browse and Restore of Aged Data
After the merge from catalog tape operation, the CommServe database contains all the information about previously unknown backup jobs, and those jobs appear in the backup history of the client.
To browse and restore unknown backup jobs or aged data, you need to enable Show aged data during browse and recovery option in the Control Panel.
Exception: The browse and restore operations on merged catalog contents from tapes is not supported for the V11 clients. You can restore the merged data, by running Restore by Jobs.
Before you begin
- Login to CommCell Console as user with CommCell level Administrative Management capability.
- Merge the content from cataloged tapes. See Merging Content from Cataloged Tapes.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel dialog box, click Browse/Search/Recovery.
- In the Browse/Search/RecoveryOptions dialog box, select the Show aged data during browse and recovery check box, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
When you perform the browse and restore operation for any pruned backup job, the data backed up during the job is displayed.
Last modified: 1/10/2018 8:46:07 PM