Modifying Software Compression on a Storage Policy Copy
When you create a storage policy, the Commvault software automatically enables compression for the storage policy copy that is associated with the storage policy.
All of the entities, for example subclients, that you associate with the storage policy use the storage policy copy compression settings.
When storage policy is created, compression is automatically enabled on the storage policy copy. All subclients or instances associated to the storage policy uses the compression settings set on the storage policy copy.
You can enable or disable the compression settings on a storage policy copy.
Note: If deduplication is enabled, data compression is run before generating the signatures for deduplication. For database agents, the signature module is run before data compression. See Data Encryption and Data Compression in Deduplication - Best Practices for more information.)
Best Practice: For the following databases, select the Enable Software compression with Deduplication check box to have a good deduplication ratio when you use a deduplicated storage policy.
- DB2 DPF
- Oracle RAC
- SAP HANA
- SQL Server
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy and then click Properties.
The Copy Properties dialog box appears.
- For a deduplicated storage policy copy:
- On the Deduplication tab, click the Settings tab, and then select the Enable Software compression with Deduplication check box.
- For a non-deduplicated storage policy copy:
- On the Advanced tab, select the Enable Software compression on clients check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/6/2019 10:46:31 AM