Change the Location of the Search Index
You can change the location of the search index by running the P2V CI Index Move workflow. You can use the P2V CI Index Move workflow to perform the following operations:
- Move the search index to a different location on a Search Engine node.
- Move the search index to a different node in a Search Engine cloud.
Note: You cannot move the search index to a node in a different Search Engine cloud.
- Perform a hardware refresh of a Search Engine node. For more information, see Search Engine Hardware Refresh.
- Move content indexing data from a physical Search Engine to a search only Search Engine on a virtual machine. See Move a Search Engine Index to a Virtual Machine.
Before You Begin
- Download this workflow from the Commvault Store. See Download Workflows from Commvault Store.
- Deploy the P2V CI Index Move Workflow to the Workflow Engine you want to use.
- Verify that the new location for the search index meets the minimum system requirements. See System Requirements - Search Engine.
- If you are moving a search index to different hardware, you must first install the Search Engine software on the new hardware and add the new client to the same Search Engine cloud as the old Search Engine node. For more information, see Search Engine Hardware Refresh.
Note: You cannot move the search index from one Search Engine node to another active Search Engine node that already contains content indexing data. If you want to move the search index to a different node, you must provide an empty or fresh installation of the Search Engine.
- Stop any running content indexing jobs.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Workflows.
- In the Workflows tab, right-click P2VCIIndexMove, point to All Tasks, and then click Execute.
- Select the Workflow Engine you want to use from the Run workflow on list.
- In the P2VCIIndexMove Options dialog box, click OK.
- From the Source Search Engine list, select the Search Engine node that contains the index you want to move, and then click OK.
- From the Destination Search Engine list, select a location for the search index:
- To move the search index to a different location on the same Search Engine node, select the source Search Engine so that the source and destination Search Engines match.
- To move the search index to a different location, select a destination Search Engine that does not contain content indexing data.
- If you are moving the search index on the same Search Engine node, in the Destination Index Directory box enter a valid path for the new search index location.
- Click OK to run the workflow.
- After the workflow job is complete, verify that search and restore operations can be performed from the Web Console or Compliance Search.
What to Do Next
After running the P2V CI Index Move workflow, if the destination Search Engine is different from the source Search Engine, the destination Search Engine is put into search only mode. Search only mode allows users to perform searches of the data already content indexed by the Search Engine node, but no new data is pushed to the Search Engine node for content indexing.
To re-enable content indexing operations on the destination Search Engine node, see Enabling Content Indexing on a Search Engine Configured in Search Only Mode.
Last modified: 4/23/2019 3:31:08 PM