Creating a Snapshot Copy
To create a copy of the metadata associated with a snapshot backup, create a snapshot copy.
Before You Begin
Use a disk library for the snapshot copy target. For more information about disk libraries, see Disk Libraries.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies.
- Right-click the storage_policy , and then click All Tasks > Create New Snapshot Copy.
The Snap Copy Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Copy Name box, enter a name.
- From the Library list and the MediaAgent list, select the a library and a MediaAgent.
Note: When you select a disk library, the Drive Pool list and the Scratch Pool list are dimmed because they are applicable only for tape libraries.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
- Run a backup copy operation to copy the snapshot data to the selected media. See more information on Backup Copy for IntelliSnap Backup.
- You can configure snapshot copy as a spool copy (copy with no retention rules) to automatically delete the snapshots after the backup copy operation is complete. To configure the snapshot copy as spool copy, see Enabling Spool Copy.
Last modified: 7/17/2018 2:53:19 PM